W O R K S H O P S
FSCD 2019 will be the fourth edition of the International Conference on Formal Structures for Computation and Deduction. The FSCD conference was created by the communities behind two major conferences, RTA (Rewriting Techniques and Applications) and TLCA (Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications). The first event took place in Porto, Portugal in June 2016 and was extremely successful, attracting 186 participants and 11 workshops.
We invite proposals for workshops, tutorials or other satellite events, on any topic to related formal structures in computation and deduction, from theoretical foundations to tools and applications.
A full list of suggested topics is given here:
Satellite events will take place on 24 June and 29-30 June, before and after the main conference on 25-28 June. It is expected that satellite events would run for 1 or 2 days, and be open to participants of parallel events.
Proposals should be submitted by email directly to the local workshop chair Boris Düdder firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• title of the satellite event, description of the topic and its relevance to FSCD;
• names and affiliations of the organizers;
• pointers to information about past editions of the event, if applicable;
• proposed event duration and format (for example, paper presentations, tutorials,
demo sessions, etc.);
• plans for invited speakers or special sessions;
• estimate of the number of participants;
• procedures for selecting papers and participants and plans for the publication of proceedings, if any;
• tentative schedule for paper submission and notification of acceptance;
• a brief description (up to 120 words) of the event for the website and publicity material;
• any other special requirements.
The organizers of satellite events are expected to create and maintain a website for the event; handle paper selection, reviewing and acceptance; draw up a programme of talks; advertise
their event though specialist mailing lists; prepare the informal pre-proceedings (if applicable) in a timely fashion; and arrange any post-proceedings.
The FSCD 2019 organizing committee will handle promotion of the event on the main conference website; integration of the event’s programme into the overall timetable; registration of participants; arrangement of an appropriate meeting room; and provision of lunch and coffee breaks for participants. We will waive the registration fees for invited speakers to satellite events.
Submission of workshop proposals: November 30, 2019
Notification of success of proposals: January 13, 2019
Main conference: June 25-28, 2019
Workshop dates: June 24 and June 29-30, 2019